- Tech Specification
Dell PowerEdge R710 64-bit Quad-Core Intel Xeon 5300 series processors servers
The next generation Dell PowerEdge™ R710 is customer-inspired. By listening and focusing on the details, Dell has delivered on your inspiration with simplicity of operation and innovative features.
The PowerEdge R710 takes advantage of Dell's system commonality. When IT managers learn one system, they have learned the logic required to manage Dell's next generation servers. The logical layout of components and power supply placement delivers a simple, straightforward installation and simplified redeployment in the future.
In addition, Dell's latest PowerEdge servers provide a graphical and interactive LCD for system health monitoring, alerting and control of basic management configuration right in the front of the server. Customers have an AC power meter and ambient temperature thermometer built into the server, which they can monitor on this display without any software tools.
The PowerEdge R710 also provides up to 8 internal hard drive bays in its 2U chassis, allowing up to 18TB of internal storage for applications that require capacity but not enough to merit an external storage system.
The dual-processor PowerEdge R710 delivers next-generation performance combined with a balance of internal expandability and rack density. Perfect for network infrastructure applications, such as web, messaging, database and file/print consolidation, the PowerEdge R710 delivers both the performance customers need with the drive capacity demanded for growing applications. It's the perfect balance available in a rack-dense 2U form factor.
Dell goes the distance to increase price/performance and performance-per-watt2 in its newest generation of servers. The latest 64-bit Quad-core Intel® Xeon® processors deliver performance gains of up to 69 percent3 over the previous generation.
1066MHz FSB facilitates better speed. 64-bit memory addressability provides scalability for large memory footprint applications.
A TCP/IP Off-load Engine (TOE) helps deliver greater network throughput and efficiency by off-loading the TCP/IP processing to a dedicated processor, freeing up the main system processor in web-based applications or when using iSCSI.
The new PowerEdge 9th Generation servers offer up to 288GB of fully buffered DIMM memory, twice the memory capacity of the previous generation. This allows for simultaneous reads/writes of memory and can help improve performance in virtualized workloads.
Serial-Attached SCSI (SAS) hard drives deliver the next generation of SCSI performance and reliability for critical business applications, while SATA options provide greater value for systems that rely on external storage and fiber-channel storage.
PCI Express® I/O expansion facilitates greater I/O throughput and support for high-bandwidth I/O peripherals, such as Infiniband, 4GB fiber channel and future 10GB Ethernet.
Availability Without Compromise
Dell addresses the need for high availability in the new PowerEdge™ 9th Generation by providing hot-plug redundant power supplies and hard drives, plus multiple SAS RAID options — without sacrificing expandability and including support for High Availability Clustering and deployment in SANs. Redundant NICs and redundant cooling fans help keep the servers running smoothly.
Setting the Standard for Manageability
SAS hard drive carriers and memory options are common across the entire line of PowerEdge 9th Generation servers. The PowerEdge 1950, 2900 and R710 feature standardized drivers and BIOS.
All servers include an Integrated Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) 2.0 management controller (with SMASH Command Line Protocol), plus an optional DRAC 5 remote management card with continuous video and Active Directory® integration for robust remote server management.
Rear: 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x serial connector
Front: 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x video connector, 1x RJ45 for DRAC 6/i connector
• 2U rack height
• Two Quad-Core Intel Low Volt Xeon E5504 sequence processors at 2.00 GHz
• Support Intel® Xeon® processor 5500 and 5600 series up to Hexacore
Front side bus
• Intel Xeon 5500 Sequence: Dual Independent 1066MHz or 1333MHz;
• Intel Xeon 5500 Sequence: Dual Independent 1066MHz or 1333MHz; Intel Xeon 5500 Sequence
• Intel Xeon 5500 Sequence
• Intel 5520
• 8GB & 16GB Available
• Up to Up to 288GB (18 DIMM slots): 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB DDR3
• 2 PCIe x8 + 2 PCIe x4 G2 Or 1 x16 + 2 x4 G2
• SAS 6/iR integrated SAS/SATA daughter card controller with 256MB cache, PERC 4e/DC, PERC 5/e adapter
Server Drive bays
• 8 x 2.5" Hard Drive Option or 6 x 3.5" Hard Drive Option, 2.5" SAS SSD, SATA SSD, SAS (10K, 15K), near line SAS (7.2K), SATA (7.2K;
• Slim DVD-ROM, Combo CD-RW/DVD-ROM, or DVD + RW
Maximum internal storage
• Up to 18TB : 8 x 2.5" Hard Drive Option or 6 x 3.5" Hard Drive Option
• Tape backup options
• Internal: PV100T (DAT 72) with multibay
• External: PowerVault DAT 72, 110T, 114T, 122T, 124T, 132T, 136T, 160T and ML6000
Network interface card
• Dual embedded Broadcom NetXtreme II 5708 Gigabit2 Ethernet NIC with fail-over and load balancing. TOE (TCPIP Offload Engine) supported on Microsoft Windows Server 2003, SP1 or higher with Scalable Networking Pack
• iDRAC6 EXPRESS
• AC configuration with standard single or redundant 570W hot-plug auto-switching universal 110/220V AC power supplies
• DC configuration with redundant hot plug -48 to -60 V20 A DC power supplies ECC FBD memory, SDDC, Spare Bank; hot-plug hard drives; optional hot-plug redundant power supplies.