- Tech Specification
Dell PowerEdge R510 64-bit Quad-Core Intel Xeon 5300 series processors servers
The Dell™ PowerEdge™ R510 is a 2-Socket 2U rack server featuring advanced management capabilities, cost-effective RAID options, and an excellent balance of internal storage, redundancy and value in a compact chassis.
* Excellent internal storage capacity with up to 12 hard drives
* Choice of chassis configuration with 4, 8 or 12 hard drive options
* Advanced systems management availability available with Lifecycle Controller
* Compact 26" chassis depth: Ideal for space-constrained environments
The PowerEdge R510 also provides up to 12 internal hard drive bays in its 2U chassis, allowing up to 24.6TB of internal storage for applications that require capacity but not enough to merit an external storage system.
The dual-processor PowerEdge R510 delivers next-generation performance combined with a balance of internal expandability and rack density. Perfect for network infrastructure applications, such as web, messaging, database and file/print consolidation, the PowerEdge R510 delivers both the performance customers need with the drive capacity demanded for growing applications. It's the perfect balance available in a rack-dense 2U form factor.
Dell goes the distance to increase price/performance and performance-per-watt2 in its newest generation of servers. The latest 64-bit Quad-core Intel® Xeon® processors deliver performance gains of up to 69 percent3 over the previous generation.
1066MHz FSB facilitates better speed. 64-bit memory addressability provides scalability for large memory footprint applications.
A TCP/IP Off-load Engine (TOE) helps deliver greater network throughput and efficiency by off-loading the TCP/IP processing to a dedicated processor, freeing up the main system processor in web-based applications or when using iSCSI.
The new PowerEdge 9th Generation servers offer up to 128GB of fully buffered DIMM memory, twice the memory capacity of the previous generation. This allows for simultaneous reads/writes of memory and can help improve performance in virtualized workloads.
Serial-Attached SCSI (SAS) hard drives deliver the next generation of SCSI performance and reliability for critical business applications, while SATA options provide greater value for systems that rely on external storage and fiber-channel storage.
PCI Express® I/O expansion facilitates greater I/O throughput and support for high-bandwidth I/O peripherals, such as Infiniband, 4GB fiber channel and future 10GB Ethernet.
Availability Without Compromise
Dell addresses the need for high availability in the new PowerEdge™ 9th Generation by providing hot-plug redundant power supplies and hard drives, plus multiple SAS RAID options — without sacrificing expandability and including support for High Availability Clustering and deployment in SANs. Redundant NICs and redundant cooling fans help keep the servers running smoothly.
Setting the Standard for Manageability
SAS hard drive carriers and memory options are common across the entire line of PowerEdge 9th Generation servers. The PowerEdge 1950, 2900 and R510 feature standardized drivers and BIOS.
All servers include an Integrated Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) 2.0 management controller (with SMASH Command Line Protocol), plus an optional DRAC 5 remote management card with continuous video and Active Directory® integration for robust remote server management.
Rear: 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x serial connector
Front: 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x video connector, 1x RJ45 for DRAC 6/i connector
• 2U rack height
• Two Quad-Core Intel Low Volt Xeon E5506 sequence processors at 2.13 GHz
• Support Intel® Xeon® processor 5500 and 5600 series up to Hexacore
Front side bus
• Intel Xeon 5500 Sequence: Dual Independent 1066MHz or 1333MHz;
• Intel Xeon 5500 Sequence: Dual Independent 1066MHz or 1333MHz; Intel Xeon 5500 Sequence
• Intel Xeon 5500 Sequence
• Intel 5500
• 8GB & 16GB Available
• Up to Up to 128GB (18 DIMM slots): 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB DDR3
• 4 PCIE G2 SLOTS: 1 X X8, 2 X X4 (WITH X8 CONNECTORS), 1 X STORAGE X4 ( WITH X8 CONNECTORS)
• SAS 6/iR integrated SAS/SATA daughter card controller with 256MB cache, PERC 4e/DC, PERC 5/e adapter
Server Drive bays
• 12 x 3.5" Hard Drive Option, 2.5" SAS SSD, SATA SSD, SAS (10K, 15K), near line SAS (7.2K), SATA (7.2K)
• Slim DVD-ROM, Combo CD-RW/DVD-ROM, or DVD + RW
Maximum internal storage
• 8TB–24.6TB (depending on chassis) : UP TO 12 3.5" SAS, SATA or SSD drives
• Tape backup options
• Internal: PV100T (DAT 72) with multibay
• External: PowerVault DAT 72, 110T, 114T, 122T, 124T, 132T, 136T, 160T and ML6000
Network interface card
• DUAL-PORT BROADCOM 5709c GIGABIT NICs
• iDRAC6 EXPRESS
• AC configuration with standard single or redundant 570W hot-plug auto-switching universal 110/220V AC power supplies
• DC configuration with redundant hot plug -48 to -60 V20 A DC power supplies ECC FBD memory, SDDC, Spare Bank; hot-plug hard drives; optional hot-plug redundant power supplies.