- Tech Specification
Dell PowerEdge 2950 64-bit Quad-Core Intel Xeon 5300 series processors servers
The 2-socket PowerEdge 2950 delivers next-generation performance combined with a balance of internal expandability and rack density. Perfect for network infrastructure applications such as web, messaging, database and file/print consolidation, the PowerEdge 2950 delivers both the performance customers need with the drive capacity demanded for growing applications. It is the perfect balance available in a rack-dense 2U form factor.
The PowerEdge 2950 also provides up to 8 internal hard drive bays in its 2U chassis, allowing up to 4.5TB1 of internal storage for applications that require capacity but not enough to merit an external storage system.
The dual-processor PowerEdge 2950 delivers next-generation performance combined with a balance of internal expandability and rack density. Perfect for network infrastructure applications, such as web, messaging, database and file/print consolidation, the PowerEdge 2950 delivers both the performance customers need with the drive capacity demanded for growing applications. It's the perfect balance available in a rack-dense 2U form factor.
The PowerEdge 2950 also provides up to eight internal hard drive bays in its 2U chassis, allowing up to 4.5TB of internal storage for applications that require capacity, but not enough to merit an external storage system.
Dell goes the distance to increase price/performance and performance-per-watt2 in its newest generation of servers. The latest 64-bit Quad-core Intel® Xeon® processors deliver performance gains of up to 69 percent3 over the previous generation.
1066MHz FSB facilitates better speed. 64-bit memory addressability provides scalability for large memory footprint applications.
A TCP/IP Off-load Engine (TOE) helps deliver greater network throughput and efficiency by off-loading the TCP/IP processing to a dedicated processor, freeing up the main system processor in web-based applications or when using iSCSI.
The new PowerEdge 9th Generation servers offer up to 32GB of fully buffered DIMM memory, twice the memory capacity of the previous generation. This allows for simultaneous reads/writes of memory and can help improve performance in virtualized workloads.
Serial-Attached SCSI (SAS) hard drives deliver the next generation of SCSI performance and reliability for critical business applications, while SATA options provide greater value for systems that rely on external storage and fiber-channel storage.
PCI Express® I/O expansion facilitates greater I/O throughput and support for high-bandwidth I/O peripherals, such as Infiniband, 4GB fiber channel and future 10GB Ethernet.
Availability without Compromise
Dell addresses the need for high availability in the new PowerEdge™ 9th Generation by providing hot-plug redundant power supplies and hard drives, plus multiple SAS RAID options — without sacrificing expandability and including support for High Availability Clustering and deployment in SANs. Redundant NICs and redundant cooling fans help keep the servers running smoothly.
Setting the Standard for Manageability
SAS hard drive carriers and memory options are common across the entire line of PowerEdge 9th Generation servers. The PowerEdge 1950, 2900 and 2950 feature standardized drivers and BIOS.
All servers include an Integrated Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) 2.0 management controller (with SMASH Command Line Protocol), plus an optional DRAC 5 remote management card with continuous video and Active Directory® integration for robust remote server management.
Rear: 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x serial connector
Front: 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x video connector, 1x RJ45 for DRAC 5/i connector
• 2U rack height
• Quad-Core Intel Low Volt Xeon 5345 sequence processors at 2.33GHz
Front side bus
Intel Xeon 5300 Sequence: Dual Independent 1066MHz or 1333MHz;
Intel Xeon 5100 Sequence: Dual Independent 1066MHz or 1333MHz; Intel Xeon 5000 Sequence: Dual Independent 667MHz
• Intel Xeon 5300 Sequence: 2x4MB
* Intel 5000X
• 2GB & 16GB Available
* Up to 32GB (8 FBD DIMM slots): 256MB/512MB/1GB/2GB/4GB Fully Buffered DIMMs (FBD) in matched pairs, 533MHz or 667MHz
• Three PCI slots, either PCIe riser with three PCI Express slots (one x4 (x8 connector) and two x8) or two PCI-X 64-bit/133MHz and one PCI Express x8 slot
• PERC 5/i integrated SAS/SATA daughter card controller with 256MB cache, PERC 4e/DC, PERC 5/e adapter
Server Drive bays
• 6 x 3.5 Hard Drive Option: 3.5 HD Option: 2 SAS 15K 73GB Available.
• Slim optical drive bay with choice of CD-ROM, DVD-ROM or Combo CD-RW/DVD-ROM
Maximum internal storage
• Up to 4.5TB: six 750GB hot-plug SATA (7.2 K RPM)
• Tape backup options
• Internal: PV100T (DAT 72) with multibay
• External: PowerVault DAT 72, 110T, 114T, 122T, 124T, 132T, 136T, 160T and ML6000
Network interface card
• Dual embedded Broadcom NetXtreme II 5708 Gigabit2 Ethernet NIC with fail-over and load balancing. TOE (TCPIP Offload Engine) supported on Microsoft Windows Server 2003, SP1 or higher with Scalable Networking Pack
• DRac 5
• AC configuration with standard single or redundant 750W hot-plug auto-switching universal 110/220V AC power supplies
• DC configuration with redundant hot plug -48 to -60 V20 A DC power supplies ECC FBD memory, SDDC, Spare Bank; hot-plug hard drives; optional hot-plug redundant power supplies.